Wednesday, July 27, 2011

I don't buy kisses anymore

*Had some time for a blog entry today. Didn't take long to write.

I don't normally give movie recommendations on my blog, but it's nice for a change.

I don't buy kisses anymore

Touching is a word that comes to mind for the movie. While admittedly a slow movie (I don't mean to be cruel using slow) it is a good movie. It's not as funny as I thought it would be, but few few movies have all the right elements. I experienced many emotions in this movie and somewhat related to Bernie, though I've never been manipulated by a woman, I can relate to being looked down on for being a fat under-achiever and not being smooth with the ladies. It's true.

The story is all about Bernie. One might think his love interest would be the star, but Bernie actually is. It's a story about a loser rising above his low self-image and actually coming out on top; socially and ethically. Personally, I didn't want him to forgive the girl, but I guess forgiveness is a part of overcoming oneself.

My rating? 7/10

It's a good movie. I would have bumped it up a point or two if it had a few more laughs. A 7 is a good score coming from me. I don't hand out 9's and 10's loosely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reformed Seth appreciates and encourages your comments, but we do have guidelines for posting comments:

1. Avoid profanities or foul language unless it is contained in a necessary quote.

2. Stay on topic.

3. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem attacks.

4. Threats are treated seriously and reported to law enforcement.

5. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.

Thanks!