Thursday, June 2, 2011

Have you heard of Chrome OS?

Web applications are the future, whether techs like me like it or not (I like things I own to be somewhat tangible, e.g., I still like to have CDs and DVDs) and the good question is: Why not embrace the future? That's what Google is doing. Google is basing an operating system around their web browser. Cool, huh? I think so. The OS will boot up in an "instant-on" way like tablet PCs. All of the applications will not be installed locally on the computer, rather you'll have shortcuts for your applications (they'll be on the web). 

This concept is very interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing how it works in the field. Chrome OS is not out yet, however, I'll leave you with some links to check out.

This link will take you to a page with instructions on how to beta test Chrome OS and provide you with a link to download the beta version. Click here.

Click here to read more on Chrome OS and Chromebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reformed Seth appreciates and encourages your comments, but we do have guidelines for posting comments:

1. Avoid profanities or foul language unless it is contained in a necessary quote.

2. Stay on topic.

3. Disagree, but avoid ad hominem attacks.

4. Threats are treated seriously and reported to law enforcement.

5. Spam and advertising are not permitted in the comments area.

Thanks!